7 January 2019
As you may be aware, the Atlas of Life Budawang Coast was commenced under the auspices and with enormous support from Milton Rural Landcare. At present, MRL retains all management responsibility for the Atlas of Life Budawang Coast, although we have a small group of hard-working administrators across the region who currently meet regularly to plan and prioritise the workload associated with the operations and future plans for the Atlas.
Now that we are established and have demonstrated success, it is time for our informal group to transition into a more representative and independent management committee. WE are keen to make sure that our group has representation from members across our entire region, as well as across the various stakeholder groups that we serve., including interested community organisations, natural resource managers, educators and citizen scientists. .
We are planning to have a short meeting following our next information session in Nowra with people interested in undertaking the preliminary work towards incorporation of ALBC as an independent organisation. The ALBC management committee will work together to:
- Plan and implement the development of ALBC improvements and activities
- Promoting the ALBC and training new and existing ALBC members
- Recruiting and supporting moderators and administrators
- Working in partnership with sponsors and natural resource managers to promote use of ALBC
- Advising on future priorities and policies associated with the operations of ALBC
- Developing a vibrant citizen science community, including working on diverse community engagement projects
- Working closely with our partner programs and participating and strengthening the longer-term development of the cross-program collaboration
The work associated with this start-up phase is not onerous. We already have a 'model' constitution and many operating procedures in place. Once we have completed the necessary steps towards incorporation, we will hold a formal meeting to seek nominations for the ALBC Management Committee. All existing members will be invited to nominate/attend this meeting.
Please send us an email reply if you are able/willing to help out with this important next step in the development of ALBC.
Be the first to comment
Please Login or Register to comment.